Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Special Commentary - A Must See Video

Hi everyone -

Since the health care debate started, I've heard and seen a lot of stuff that's irritated me, angered me, inspired me - made me laugh, made me cry and made me cuss. Today, while I was at my desk getting caught up on some emails and paperwork, I had MSNBC on in the background. I do like to watch a few of their shows on occasion - but was ultimately surprised at what I heard today.

I always thought of Keith Olbermann as a little over the top - he does report the news - but was a little over the top in the delivery. I've listened to him many times over the last several months - and I was sure that he was the greenest of the commentators on health care issues. He never really seemed to grasp the policies or bills. He was quick with the rhetoric - but didn't seem to hone in on the details like some of the others did.

Well tonight was a lot different. If you have time, watch the video to listen to his own personal family story about health care and his personal views on the need for health care reform.

These are the stories we all need to hear while all this fighting and lying is going on - personal stories of real life health care in crisis and people being genuinely emotional and impassioned.

Hang in there - sometimes he's ranting and raving, sometimes he's angry - but he's truly moved by the illnesses that have occurred recently to his own mom and dad. He's near tears many times - and Kevin and I were in tears several times just listening.

I especially appreciated his challenge at the end. He asks free clinics to set up a day in each of the cities of Senate Finance Committee members that are against some of the reform. It's a challenge I'd certainly like to see.

Enjoy:



I promise - this weekend back to blogging on my own.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment