Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh the Big Liars - Which Ones This Week? Big Health Insurance Companies !

Hi Everyone -

I ran across this interesting article yesterday. And once again, I must say Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire. I guess in the back of my mind, I thought the insurance companies couldn't possibly be for health care reform. After all, they stand to lose billions of dollars off of this legislation.

I'm glad some reporters are doing their work. Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Kaiser, United Health and Wellpoint were all called out about their roll in paying for anti-reform ads - to the tune of $10 - $20 million dollars. Apparently money was solicited by AHIP and funneled through the Chamber of Commerce. It was too risky, I guess, to just run the ads themselves like they did back under the Clinton administration.

I was initially really disappointed in Kaiser, since I work for them, and they had been so positive in all of our employee emails about reform. The article states that their monies went for positive health care reform ads. If you read down through the response threads, you'll actually see a thread from John Nelson from Kaiser Foundation. I'm wondering what positive ads were run by AHIP and if Kaiser should ask for a refund of their money.

Wow, and we wonder why the insurance companies are charging us such absorbent fees for our premiums and ailments. Who says special interest groups don't throw big bucks at potential legislation and campaigns. I would think they could take these millions of dollars and use them for something positive - like lowering premiums or covering our bills. Novel idea, huh?

So anyway, here's a link to read the article in full. Click here.

Have a great night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment